We all want to pick a beautiful, sturdy, and durable product, but there are so many products available in the market that it can be confusing to choose one. This article will help you choose the right automotive paint for plastic more easily.
10 automotive paint for plastic: Editor Recommended
10 automotive paint for plastic Review:
- Withstands temps up to 200°F
- Interior or exterior plastics
- Will not flake, chip or peel
- Fit type: Universal Fit
- Ideal for renewing the look of metal trim, moldings, rearview mirror covers, bumpers and rub strips
- Contains Stops Rust formula to prevent and treat corrosion to extend life of surfaces
- Dries to the touch in 20 minutes and covers between 10-15 sq. ft. per can
- Creates a matte finish that resists weathering and wear
- Features a comfort-tip spray nozzle with any angle spray technology
- PROTECTS: Effectively masks surfaces from overspray, solvents, and bleed-through
- EASY TO USE: Static cling makes the film easy for one person to apply
- VARIETY: Choose from either a 12 ft or 16 ft width to fit different-size cars and vehicles
- PREVENTS FLAKES: Specially treated to help ensure overspray sticks and doesn't flake
- EFFICIENT ALIGNMENT: Center printing helps with alignment
- 2 component aerosol clearcoat that is easy to apply, flows smooth and dries to a long lasting, high gloss finish
- Easy to use aerosol. Activate, shake and spray. Unique nozzle delivers spray gun results
- Dries to a high gloss finish. Excellent weather and chemical resistance
- For use over all basecoats
- Manufacture date on can
- Use to create custom chrome appearance on automotive rims, interiors or striping
- One step lacquer formula provides exceptional shine and luster
- Dries to the touch in 10 minutes, recoat anytime for quick touch ups
- Spray directly onto smooth surfaces without a base coat or primer
- Ultra high gloss accent paint offers a distinct, on-trend look of reflective chrome
- For use on automotive plastics, polypropylene, polystyrene, resin, PVC and fiberglass
- Specialized formula adheres to difficult to paint surfaces that cannot be coated with regular sprays
- Dries to the touch in 20 minutes and covers between 8-10 sq. ft. per can
- Indoor/outdoor spray requires no priming before use
- Features a comfort-tip spray nozzle with any angle spray technology
- CERAMIC COATING, NOT DRESSING - Unlike other trim products which give your car a temporary greasy shine until they are washed off，FOLLOWIN Plastic & Trim Restorer adopted the German technical formula, quickly remove the oxidation of plastic surface, bonds to the pores of unpainted plastic trim while forming ceramic coating on the surface. By darkening and shining surfaces, this restorer bring your vehicle back to life, giving it the showroom look you want
- NOT AFRAID OF RAIN - Our back to black plastic restorer is highly concentrated. Each time you use it, you only need to use 5ml which will LAST for 6 MONTHS per treatment and the bottle will last 3 years with a total of 30ml. Rain won’t wash this off! It is a durable ceramic trim coating kit which bonds to the pores of unpainted plastic trim. If Followin Trim Coat can’t last for 6 months per treatment, we'll give you money back! STOP WASTING YOUR MONEY on cheap products that don't last!
- NON-GREASY FORMULA - Its streak-free formulation ensures that this trim restorer will not leave streaky residue on your vehicle after a good rain or car wash. It will completely dry to the touch!! And it is also highly effective in preventing premature aging thanks to the powerful formulation that prevents cracking and fading. Make sure you have a good experience with FOLLOWIN plastic restorer and save your valuable time
- FREE APPLICATOR FOR QUICK & EASY APPLICATION - A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY. This ceramic trim coating kit is easy to use with a wipe-on, wipe-off process. Pour a few drops onto the applicator, spreading it evenly and wipe the excess back off. It will be absorbed quickly and finishes with a dry-to-the-touch feel, despite a super high shine appearance
- YOU HAVE MY WORD - Our ceramic coating for cars can be used on bumpers, side mirrors, door handles, vinyl rooftops, as well as interior trim so long as it's plastic. (Be sure to allow to dry and clean completely before applying product). We assure your complete satisfaction, and we are confident that you will be pleased with Solution. If you are not 100% satisfied we will refund you in full! Just get in contact with us ANYTIME!
- Wet and dry sandable primer is suitable for use on wood, metal and fiberglass surfaces
- Oil based paint with Stops Rust formula provides rust resistant base coat for cars, trucks and other vehicles
- Covers up to 15 sq ft and dries to the touch (and can be recoated) in 10 minutes.
- High quality spray paint ensures long lasting, durable coating
- Provides superior top coat adhesion and flat finish yields a smooth surface when sanded
- Instant Shine – It’s never been easier to clean, brighten, and protect your car in between washes. Speed Detailer instantly repels dust, dirt, and light surface scratches, leaving your car with intensified shine but without a greasy residue.
- UV Protection – Speed Detailer prevents fading and sun damage to keep your car’s paint coat looking newer for even longer.
- For All Surfaces - Formulated without solvent-based silicone oils, Speed Detailer is safe for use on a clear coat, paint, fiberglass, chrome, stainless steel, and glass.
- Directions – Shake well. Make sure the surface is dry and cool. Spray product onto the car one section at a time. Buff with a clean, dry microfiber cloth.
- For 42 years, 303 Products have provided premium protection for your cars, boats, and beyond. All 303 Products are good for 2 years after the packaging date on the bottle – YYDDD. All our products are proudly made in the USA by a family-owned company in Chicago, IL.
- CAR PLASTIC RESTORER: One 12 oz bottle of Meguiar’s Ultimate Black Plastic Restorer brings new life to all non-painted exterior plastic, vinyl and rubber trim
- VERSATILE CAR CARE: Hand-applied cream that works on non-painted bumpers, moldings, door handles, rearview mirror housings and windshield cowlings
- JUST A DROP: Thicker formula only requires a dime-sized drop on a foam applicator pad, giving you full control over the application and reducing the risk of overspray on surrounding paint
- REVOLUTIONARY FORMULA: UV clear coat technology allows Meguiar’s black plastic restorer to significantly outlast conventional protectants and trim care products
- GREAT BENEFITS: Durable, non-greasy formula dries almost instantly and will not streak when treated surfaces get wet
Buying Guide: What To Look For When Select automotive paint for plastic:
If you want to purchase products, follow a buying guide. Some features need to tick your products before buying. Let’s take a look at them:
- Product Quality: The product must be of high quality. If the product is not of high quality, it will break down quickly and need repairing.
- Price: The price of the product should be reasonable. The product must be within your budget so that you do not have any financial constraints while using it.
- Brand reputation: The brand name should be well known in the market and has been around for a long time so that its reputation can be trusted and its quality can be ensured.
automotive paint for plastic: Tips for Buying Online Safely
Online shopping has become a part of our everyday lives. The convenience of purchasing items from anywhere at any time is hard to beat. But it's not all roses and sunshine. There are some real concerns when buying automotive paint for plastic from online:
1. Use a Secure Wifi or Internet Connection
Although it is comfortable and easy to browse and buy through public networks, malls or stores, the truth is that these networks are often unreliable. Hackers and cybercriminals can easily capture the information packets transmitted over public connections. For this reason, we recommend you go through a secure network to make purchases or transactions in which you transfer personal information.
2. Keep Your Computer Updated and Protected
Online shopping is one of the processes in which more personal and dangerous information is transferred. Therefore, before shopping, ensure your computer is secure, updated and equipped with a good antivirus product.
3. Buy on Known and Reputable Websites
Searching the internet for the best offers can take you to the unknown and unreliable. Stay away from them. Check that the URL of the web site matches where you think it is, and its address begins with https. Shopping at trusted and reputable websites can prevent identity theft or data victims.
4. Find and Review Privacy and Return Policies
5. Only Share Personal Information That is Necessary and Only on a Secure Form
If it surprises you that they ask you for some personal information (mobile, relatives’ name, place of birth …) to carry out the purchase, do not do it, and it checks that you are in the correct place. In addition, tools such as the virtual keyboard of Panda Security can avoid data theft if your computer is infected with some virus spyware.
6. Avoid Links in Emails and Ads
Is the offer you received in an email too good to be true? Then, it probably is. During this time of year, e-mails and ads with offers and big discounts are a tool widely used by cybercriminals. Avoid phishing.
7. Periodically Check Your Credit Card Transactions
After making several purchases online, check that all charges on your account are known and controlled. If you find any suspicious activity, contact your bank. Maybe you’ve been a victim of identity theft.
There are many brands in the global and local market to choose from, but not all of them will offer you the automotive paint for plastic. The key is finding a good brand that offers quality and value for your purchase. When choosing a good brand, critical considerations include customer reviews about their products, warranty policy, how long they've been around, and what other customers have said about their service record. We hope this post may help you narrow down your search so that now making an informed decision on which one to buy should be much easier!